Tax Information for H-2A Employers & Workers

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recently conducted a training session on tax information for H-2A Agricultural Workers and Employers.  The purpose of this training was to provide information on whether employers must withhold taxes from the wages of H-2A employees and when or how H-2A employees would need to file a tax return for wages earned while in the U.S.

Part of the information presented included the link to a new webpage on Foreign Agricultural Workers on H-2A Visas.  As tax information can be very confusing, it is best to refer directly to the page, IRS publications, or a tax service.  The page provides links to the various publications which may apply to individual situations.

IRS Publication 5144 provides basic information for both employers and employees in a question and answer format.  IRS Publication 5144S Spanish provides the same information in Spanish.  A PDF version of both publications is available on this website.

Additional information may be obtained by phoning the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.  International calls should be made to 1-267-941-1000.