Filing Complaints

How to File a Complaint About Workplace Law Violations
KS Complaint Poster
Click to enlarge this poster

This page contains links to four (4) separate complaint forms: one for filing a complaint to the Kansas Department of Commerce or the USDOL Employment and Training Administration; the second and third are the Kansas Department of Labor Division of Employment Standards Claim for Wages in English and Spanish; and the fourth is for filing discrimination complaints.

Employment Related & H-2A Complaints

The USDOL One Stop Career Center Complaint/Referral Record (ETA 8429) is downloadable from this site.   Please use this form for filing general complaints against an employer; the workforce center; or if your claim is connected to an H-2A or Interstate Clearance Order.  The Form 8429 may be completed online but must be printed for further action.  Please click this link for the form:  Fillable ETA 8429.

Claims for Unpaid Wages

Complaints of unpaid wages are normally made to the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) Employment Standards. Information about the wage claim process can be found here.  The Claim for Wages form for is available as a download from this website in both English (K-ESLR 105) and Spanish (K-ESLR 106).  These forms are fillable online but must be printed and submitted to KDOL; there is no electronic submission.

Wage complaints covered under federal labor laws may need to be filed with the US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division (WHD).  Information on how to file complaints directly with WHD is found on their How To File a Complaint page.

Discrimination Complaints

Please use the DL 1-2014A EO Complaint Form 2014 if you believe you are the victim of discrimination.  It can be completed online but must be printed and submitted.  More information about discrimination complaints can be found on the USDOL Civil Right Center webpage or by contacting Commerce Equal Opportunity Officer John Ybarra at or by phoning him at 1 (785) 296-5092.

Any of the completed complaint forms listed above may be filed at the nearest Workforce Center (Google mobile page) in Kansas or mailed to:

John Bowes, Manager
Commerce Regulatory Compliance
1000 SW Jackson St., Ste. 100
Topeka, KS 66612-1354
Phone: (785) 296-2122
FAX: 785 296-6809

Thank you.


Resources for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers in Kansas

%d bloggers like this: