Workers Owed Wages

WOW Banner

The U. S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division (WHD) enforces the nation’s federal labor laws and often recover unpaid wages on behalf of workers.  The agency holds the money while it makes every effort to locate and notify workers who are due back wages.  Monies are sent back to the U.S. Treasury if WHD cannot find a worker within three years.

Earlier this year WHD implemented a Web tool called Workers Owed Wages (WOW).   Available in English and Spanish, it allows workers and their advocates to find out − through a series of questions − if they are owed wages being held as the result of an WHD  investigation.

Please visit the WOW page if you think you may be owed back wages.  If you find that you are due money, you can submit a claim. Begin by entering the employer’s name, then click “WOW Search”.

For other help call the WHD toll-free help line:

1-866-4USWAGE (1-866-487-9243)
TTY: 1-877-889-5627
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Resources for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers in Kansas

%d bloggers like this: