Worker Protection Standards

KS Dept. of AgThe Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is a regulation issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).  WPS protects agricultural workers and pesticide handlers who work on farms, forests, nurseries, and greenhouses from the effects of exposure to pesticides .

Each state has a designated state pesticide regulatory agency that regulates most pesticide-related matters. They have the primary responsibility to investigate pesticide incidents, including potential pesticide misuse, drift, and off-target impacts. They can also help people evaluate pesticide work practices.

The designated state pesticide regulator agency in Kansas is the Department of Agriculture.  Complaints about pesticide exposure issues may be made online through their online Pesticide Application Complaint form.  Comments or other complaints may also be made online through links found on their Comments and Complaints page.

In Case of Pesticide Poisoning

If someone has swallowed or inhaled a pesticide or gotten it in the eye or on the skin:

  • Call 911 if the person is unconscious, having trouble breathing, or having convulsions.
  • Check the label for directions on how to give first aid.
  • Call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 for help with first aid information.
What Do I Do If I’m Exposed to Pesticides?

(Click to enlarge)

Pesticide English

Que Hago Si He Sido Expuesto a Pesticidad?

(Haga clic para ampliar)

Pesticide Spanish

The following brochure focuses on some of the basics of personal protective equipment when handling or being exposed to pesticides:  Pesticide Personal Protective Equipment


Resources for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers in Kansas

%d bloggers like this: